Monday 18 January 2010

Fish & Chips and beachcombing fun at Aldeburgh


There was only one thing to do with yesterday's sunshine and blue skies - head east to Aldeburgh for fish and chips and a bracing walk along the beach. The recent rough seas had churned up some interesting flotsam and jetsam, including lots of cuttle fish bones and some nice pieces of driftwood. I will hang some cuttle fish in the garden to see if the wild birds like it - I remember from childhood having a budgie who liked to nibble it. I also have a vague recollection of using cuttle fish for a school art project, as a mould for something perhaps? Although I might be imagining it! The driftwood will come in useful for my next craft project - a large driftwood heart - for the kitchen perhaps. The Littles had lots of fun playing beach cricket with driftwood bats and stones, then on to Thorpeness for steaming mugs of hot chocolate..mmmmm

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how grown up they look Barbi, right little cuties too. Hope your well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and i love Aldeburgh too :-)

    ReplyDelete