Wednesday 13 January 2010

Welcome!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start the new year in a positive way and have been meaning to set up a blog for ages, so...here goes! I am hoping this will be a fun place to visit for my current (and future) friends. I plan to include things that I hope will make you smile. My blog will have a leaning towards the arts - music, film, literature, art and creativity, plus stuff about gardening, cooking, family and interesting finds and general stuff I come across which I hope you will like. No rules really except no moaning allowed! Plus links to cool blogs and sites I think you will enjoy too. "Bee's Lovely Buns" is what I hope to one day call my little tea room/shop of vintage stuff, artworks, jewellery etc, so please don't pinch the name otherwise I shall have to come round and put a bat up your nightdress/down your PJ's.

So, a little bit about me - I am happily married to my bloke, who I will call "The Boy" - not to be confused with our Burmese cat - Louie (AKA Lou Boy, The Beast, Fu-Man-Lou), and we are blessed with two angelic daughters, little M (11) and little E (9).

Me and The Boy met and fell in love over our mutual appreciation of music and, in particular, worship of a certain Mr. Bowie. The Boy is a guitarist and I did a bit of singing and we have been in bands and gigged a lot during the 90's. Now The Boy teaches guitar and manages a band (about which you will be able to read here).

Stuff I love:
Kate Bush (our national treasure)
Cornwall (for re-charging the batteries and soothing the soul)
Vintage VW Campervans (one day, you will be mine)
Growing my own veg (novice)
Beach combing and making things out of my beach-combed finds
Baking (especially cakes and desserts)
Vintage and hand-made stuff

I have started 2010 with a bunch of - not exactly resolutions, as those are just asking to be broken - but more I guess "hopes to achieve"....including:

Setting up my own blog (yay!! 1 to tick off the list)
Not moaning so much (I promise to try hard)
Writing the book that's been swimming around in my head for more years than I care to remember
Finishing off the house renovations (yeah, right -old houses are never finished...)
Using my free time more creatively and purposefully
Doing some yoga or Pilates
Joining a choir

I can't wait to hear from you all and look forward to sharing some fun times.
Bee xx

2 comments:

  1. I think this is great, by next week you might be able to talk about crochet too! Big Hugs Ali xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Blog already bee ;-)

    ReplyDelete